What is an Engineer: engineers operate under constraints caused by a need to produce a product or service that is timely, competitive, reliable, and consistent with the philosophy and within the financial means of their company. Finding the OPTIMAL solution to a problem.
Types of Engineers
What is an Engineer
Solving techniques to Develop and Improve…
Drugs (the good kind)
Buildings and Bridges
- Engineering: Latin root, ingeniere, to design or to devise.
- Engineering is design under constraint
- Successful engineering design improves quality of life while working within technical, economic, business, societal, and ethical constraints.
- Technology: Outcome of engineering
- Research: Advance field
- Development: Lab to market
- Testing: Verify integrity, reliability, quality
- Design: Develop specs for manufacturing, construction, etc.
- Analysis: Use math models to aid in R&D
- Systems: Integrate components to produce functioning product Manufacturing: Develop plants and process to make products
- Construction: Build
– Manipulating the forces of nature to advance humanity
– Learn to build (products and services useful for humans)
What is an Engineer? The dictionary meaning:
1. a person who designs, builds, or maintains engines, machines, or structures.
synonyms: designer, planner, builder, architect, producer, fabricator, developer, creator; More
“Engineers apply the principles of science and mathematics to develop economical solutions to technical problems. Their work is the link between scientific discoveries and the commercial applications that meet societal and consumer needs.” – US Department of Labor